Thursday, May 16, 2019

Keep the Commandments


Keep the Commandments

Music Source: LDS Hymnal - 303
https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns/keep-the-commandments?lang=eng&_r=1

Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to play this with my primary yet.  I do proof each chart after I finish it, but sometimes errors do slip through.  There may be words or notes that are incorrect.  If you find an error, please let me know.

Pages: 5

Required Bells:  


Sample:


File:



Keep the commandments; keep the commandments!
In this there is safety; in this there is peace.
He will send blessings; He will send blessings.
Words of a prophet: Keep the commandments.
In this there is safety and peace.

2 comments:

  1. This song requires the Hi C and Hi D as well - so a total of 9 bells. Just wanted to clarify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Coralee, did you find it caused problems playing the song because the Hi C and D were not specified? You are right that this song has a high C and D in it. For the charts I don't really distinguish the high and low notes. I have two octaves of bells and hand out the relevant notes in both octaves. I let the kids play their note each time it shows up regardless of whether it is high or low. I find it simplifies things, makes it so everyone gets the maximum amount of bell playing time and still sounds good. I hope that people not having the high D will still use and enjoy the chart using the low D instead.

      Delete