Thursday, August 23, 2018

The Ninth Article of Faith


The Ninth Article of Faith

Versions (Scroll down for all versions):
Chart in F Major Major (Children's Songbook)
Chart in C Major (No Sharps)


Music Source: LDS Children's Songbook - 128

Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to play all versions with my primary yet.  I do proof each chart after I finish it, but sometimes errors do slip through.  There may be words or notes that are incorrect.  If you find an error, please let me know.  I have done the Hymnal music version with my kids.


F Major

Pages: 3

Required Bells:


Sample:


Files:



C Major

Pages: 3

Required Bells:


Sample:


Files:



Simple Review Activity: Find the Metronome

This is the easiest review activity I know.  It's always a hit with the kids, and encourages them to sing loudly.  All you need is an electric metronome or a metronome app on a smart phone or other device.  I always have my phone with me with the app on it, which means I can do this activity at a moments notice.  It's perfect for when you have extra time or a substitute.

How to play:

Choose one child to go into the hallway.  Choose another child to hide the running metronome.  Start singing then have the child in the hallway come back in and start searching for the metronome.  The rest of the children try to sing loud enough to cover the sound of the metronome and make it harder to find.  

Sometimes the kids won't know the words very well but will mumble really loud to cover the metronome.  When this happens I stop the kids and give the searching child a good chance to hear the metronome.  This activity can help you find where the kids are struggling with the words.

Want more simple activities for teaching and review as well as handbell tips?  Look for them at the bottom of each post, or check out the complete list here.

I also have a freezer meals blog! After my third child was born I felt like I spent all my time either cooking or cleaning the kitchen, so I started doing Once a Month Cooking.  I cook a lot of food every 1 to 3 months.  Then we eat the meals I made from the freezer in between.   It has made my life a lot easier, and I blog about it at A Very Large Bowl.  Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I just discovered you! Thank you for these awesome charts. Have you made some for the 10-13th Articles of Faith?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! Unfortunately I haven't made it to the 10-13th AoF. I had plans to to do them, but the increase to 3 songs a month has made it very hard to stay on top of just the regular program songs. I've had trouble finding time to work on additional charts. I hope to get to them soon.

      Delete