Monday, May 7, 2018

The Eighth Article of Faith



I never had a chance to try the Article of Faith handbell charts with my primary before being released, but I think they would be a great way to review.  The songs are short, so you could probably play several during one singing time.

Music Source: LDS Children's Songbook - 127
https://www.lds.org/music/library/childrens-songbook/the-eighth-article-of-faith?lang=eng&_r=1



Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to play this one with my primary yet.  I do proof each chart after I finish it, but sometimes errors do slip through.  There may be words or notes that are incorrect.  If you find an error, please let me know.

Pages: 4

Required Notes:













Sample:

















Files:

The Eighth Article of Faith PDF - recommended
The Eighth Article of Faith PUB - requires Publisher to open but allows you to edit


Handbell Tip: Switching Bells

When I created my macro to make handbell charts it was important to me to have the macro generate a sheet of the bells required to play the song.  This sheet makes it much easier to get set up with the bells since you don't have to do through the song and figure out what bells are needed.  Playing multiple songs with different bells can be a little tricky though because it can be a little awkward to collect the bells that are no longer necessary and pass out the ones that are.  Plus it takes valuable time that could be spent on singing.

When I use the handbells in primary.  I set up the bells needed on a table before I start.  This makes handing out easy, especially because then teachers or other leaders can help me hand out bells.  If I want to play multiple songs, I start by putting all the sheets with the required bells out on the table.  I put them in the order that I plan to play them in.  Then I take out all the bells for the first song and place them next to that sheet.  I move onto the second song and put any bells that it needs but were not included in the first song next to its "required bells" sheet.  Then I do the same for third, putting the bells it needs next to it that aren't in the other two.

When it is time to change to a new song, I take note of the bells that are no longer needed and ask the kids holding those bells to hold them high in the air.  Then I take the new bells are that required for the next song and trade them with the kids who have bells that are no longer needed.  Generally there are only a couple notes that need to be switched out between any two songs, and this process makes it go very smoothly.  Of course you can make it even easier by choosing songs that require the sames bells, which I try to do.

Want more handbell tips as well as simple activities for teaching and review?  Look for them at the bottom of each post, or check out the complete list here.

I also have a freezer meals blog! After my third child was born I felt like a spent all my time either cooking or cleaning the kitchen, so I started doing Once a Month Cooking.  I cook a lot of food every 1 to 3 months.  Then we eat the meals I made from the freezer in between.   It has made my life a lot easier, and I blog about it at A Very Large Bowl.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment