Thursday, November 9, 2017

Christmas Bells


Music Source: Children's Songbook - 54
https://www.lds.org/music/library/childrens-songbook/christmas-bells?lang=eng&_r=1

Versions (Scroll down for all versions):
No Descant
Descant Only
Song with Descant

Disclaimer: I haven't had a chance to play this one with my primary yet.  I do proof each chart after I finish it, but sometimes errors do slip through.  There may be words or notes that are incorrect.  If you find an error, please let me know.

Christmas Bells - No Descant

Pages: 4

Required Bells:














Sample:










...










Files:

Christmas Bells - No descant PDF - recommended
Christmas Bells - No descant PUB - requires Publisher to open but allows you to edit


Christmas Bells - Descant Only

Pages: 4

Required Bells:













Sample:


















Files:
Christmas Bells - Descant Only PDF - recommended
Christmas Bells - Descant Only PUB -  requires Publisher to open but allows you to edit


Christmas Bells with Descant

This version has the descant on one line with the song on the line underneath similar to how it is in the music in the Children's Songbook.  I haven't had a chance to try this method to see how it works.  If you try it, let me know how it goes.

Pages: 6

Required Bells:












Sample:
















Files:

Christmas Bells with Descant PDF - recommended
Christmas Bells with Descant - requires Publisher to open but allows you to edit

6 comments:

  1. These look beautiful! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used your chart yesterday in Primary, thank you so much for sharing! It was perfect and a week when I had no time to make one myself. Bless you!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Where do you get the 1/2 note bells? (sharps?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free app called Prodigies Bells will help fill in the gaps to play sharps/flats with your 8-bell set. Bonus: it has every note so adults can join in with their phones. It’s awesome!

      Delete
  3. She has a post about this here: http://primaryhandbells.blogspot.com/2017/11/buying-handbells.html

    ReplyDelete